Mask Wearing Required in the Common Property
From Tuesday 13 July 2021 you must wear a fitted face mask when you are in an indoor area of common property in a residential building that is:
- strata titled
- community titled or
- company titled.
You do not need to wear a mask inside your own apartment.
Common areas where you must wear a mask include:
- a shared foyer or lobby of an apartment block
- lifts, stairwells and corridors
- shared laundry facilities.
Masks must be worn by anyone entering including:
- residents and visitors
- building managers, concierge staff and cleaners
- people providing goods and services including tradespeople and contractors
- people delivering food, mail and parcels.
Download the NSW Health poster HERE
Business as Usual
Strata Life continues to closely monitor events as they unfold with regards to the latest COVID-19 requirements. At present, it is business as usual regarding the management of your property. We remind you that the following measures have been put in place:
- We have put in place policies, procedures and secured the required technology for our employees to work remotely.
- To ensure we can continue to operate we kindly request clients do not attend either our Hornsby or Freshwater office without a prior appointment.
- We have measures in place to ensure that visitors are recorded as best practice requires and have QR codes and registration at registration in both of our offices.
- We will continue to be available by phone and email for any matters. Please be patient if there is a delayed response as we are moving into our busiest meeting period.
- During times when the government has directed only essential work to take place, we expect some contractors will limit the amount of work undertaken and/or not attend site during this time. As a result, please bear in mind non-urgent work and quotations may be delayed.
SCA (NSW) Support Document
Our peak industry body SCA (NSW) have developed a guide to help keep the strata industry and our clients informed during this pandemic and its impact on a Strata Community. The following link will take you to this guide that will be updated frequently as further information becomes available.
Download the Guide HERE
We are following limitations from State and Federal Governments regarding social distancing and the numbers of attendees at physical meetings (when allowed). Combined with electronic access to meetings via Zoom and telephone, we are continuing to operate your meetings as directed by the Strata Committee and in line with best practice.
Repairs and Maintenance Contractors
All contractors that are used by our office have been advised that they are not to attend site if unwell, have been advised to self-isolate or have had contact with a person who has tested positive. We also stress that if you are unwell or displaying flu-like symptoms, have been advised to self-isolate or if you have had exposure to a person who has tested positive to COVID-19 in the last 14 days, that for their safety and to reduce the spread, contractors are not to enter your unit.
Hygiene in Your Property
As common property areas are communal spaces, please take the government advice below to preventing the spread of the virus and remember vulnerable residents are likely living in your property and we need to protect them as a community.
Residents and common areas
- Clean your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand rub/sanitiser after touching any frequently touched surfaces in common areas. This includes doorknobs or door handles when you enter and exit the building or when using communal washing machines or dryers
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing and sneezing or use your elbow, not your hands
- Avoid close contact with people unwell with cold or flu-like symptoms
- Avoid touching your face and avoid shaking hands with others
- Try to maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from others as much as possible in your apartment block, such as in elevators, stairwells or hallways
- Do not gather in large groups in common areas such as rooftops or courtyards.
- Wear a face mask in indoor common areas.
Cleaning guidance for NSW strata managers and body corporates
- Regularly clean frequently touched surfaces in common areas with a detergent followed by disinfectant, or use detergent/disinfectant wipes
- Consider providing adequate alcohol-based hand rub (sanitiser) for residents to use.
Download the NSW Government flyer HERE
Information is continuously being updated and revised. Please stay up-to-date with the latest information from reputable sources. The below links may prove useful:
- Australian Department of Health»
- NSW Health »
- SafeWork NSW»
- Smart Traveller »
- World Health Organisation »
- SCA (NSW) »
Lastly please remember living in strata is living in a community and we ask you to please be kind, patient and where you can look out for each other, especially the older and vulnerable residents.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
The Strata Life Team
About Strata Life – Strata Management Services
At Strata Life we strive to take the pressure of the day to day running of a strata scheme off of the shoulders of the committee members and owners. Whilst the nature of strata itself does mean that the owners/ committee are responsible for the decisions, the pressure is reduced by having a proactive manager provide guidance with a plain sense approach and quickly actioning issues as they arise.
We appreciate Committee members often have full time jobs and busy lives. Add to this that the strata scheme is often your home where Committee members do not want to have to police other residents.
Our aim is to minimise the work and time where we can, take on the role of reminding owners and residents of the by-laws so that everyone can peacefully enjoy community living.
Our team has extensive experience with properties on the Upper North Shore, Hornsby and the Northern Beaches areas, with excellent local contractors and superior local knowledge.
- The Strata Life advantage »
- Our service level guarantee »
- Our strata managers »
- The history of Strata Life »
- Changing strata managers »
Get in touch
Whether you’re an existing client or not, our strata managers are here to help with all matters relating to strata schemes and community living. Our office is open Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm to answer your call or, for after-hours assistance, please complete our online enquiry form and we’ll get back to you the following business day.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is general information only and not legal advice. The currency, accuracy and completeness of this article (and its contents) should be checked by obtaining independent legal advice before you take any action or otherwise rely upon its contents in any way. Strata Life disclaims any liability for negligence or otherwise in any way connected with this article.