Information about NSW level 2 water restrictions on strata buildings.
Water restrictions commencing December 2019.
Level two water restrictions which will apply to residents living in the Greater Sydney, Blue Mountains and Illawarra Regions will be enforced from 10th December 2019. This has been triggered by the expectation that dam levels around Sydney and Illawarra will drop to 45 percent in the coming weeks.
What do water restrictions mean for strata residents?
- Use a watering can or bucket to water your garden however only before 10 am and after 4 pm.
- Use drip irrigation or smart watering systems for a maximum of 15 mins a day before 10 am and after 4 pm. Note “smart” watering systems must include automated weather adjustment, a rain sensor or soil moisture sensor.
- Top up an existing pool or spa, using a hose fitted with a trigger nozzle, watering can or bucket for a maximum of 15 minutes per day. You can only do this to replace water lost through evaporation, not to replace water deliberately removed from the pool or spa.
- Wash vehicles with a bucket and sponge only.
- Use a standard sprinkler, soaker hose, weeping hose, mist sprayer, tap timer or watering system at any time, unless it’s connected to a smart watering system.
- Allow water to run off on to hard surfaces, such as paths or roadways.
- Put the sprinklers on for children to play under.
For breaches of restrictions, fines will apply – $220 for residential and $550 for businesses.
Note: Water from sources such as rainwater tanks is exempt. As we expect these restrictions may be in place for some time, Owner’s Corporation with gardens they wish to continue to water and maintain can contact our office so we can explore options to install rainwater collection tanks on the common property.
Strata water restrictions helpful links
About Strata Life – Strata Management Services
At Strata Life we strive to take the pressure of the day to day running of a strata scheme off of the shoulders of the committee members and owners. Whilst the nature of strata itself does mean that the owners/ committee are responsible for the decisions, the pressure is reduced by having a proactive manager provide guidance with a plain sense approach and quickly actioning issues as they arise.
We appreciate Committee members often have full time jobs and busy lives. Add to this that the strata scheme is often your home where Committee members do not want to have to police other residents.
Our aim is to minimise the work and time where we can, take on the role of reminding owners and residents of the by-laws so that everyone can peacefully enjoy community living.
Our team has extensive experience with properties on the Upper North Shore, Hornsby and the Northern Beaches areas, with excellent local contractors and superior local knowledge.
- The Strata Life advantage »
- Our service level guarantee »
- Our strata managers »
- The history of Strata Life »
- Changing strata managers »
Get in touch
Whether you’re an existing client or not, our strata managers are here to help with all matters relating to strata schemes and community living. Our office is open Monday – Friday, 8am – 6pm to answer your call or, for after-hours assistance, please complete our online enquiry form and we’ll get back to you the following business day.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is general information only and not legal advice. The currency, accuracy and completeness of this article (and its contents) should be checked by obtaining independent legal advice before you take any action or otherwise rely upon its contents in any way. Strata Life disclaims any liability for negligence or otherwise in any way connected with this article.